Thursday, April 5, 2012

E is for Eeyore!


Today, I will be talking about my favorite donkey. Eeyore! What can I say about Eeyore? He's Emo and a donkey. And yet I just can't help but love this little donkey!

Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh




Eeyore first appeared in the in the Winnie the Pooh books by A. A. Milne, published in 1926. Eeyore is a pessimistic donkey, gloomy, depressed, grey plush donkey who is a friend of Pooh. Some of the Winnie the Pooh stories revolve around Eeyore, such as: finding his lost tail, throwing him a birthday party, and discpvering how he ended up floating down the river. 


Why I like Eeyore: 

Though he is indeed a very pessimistic and depressed character, Eeyore seems the most real out of all the characters.  Plus, even though he looks so sad all the time, I find something very cute about him! He's not overly cute and annoying like the rest of the cast, and I find it hard to hate him. 

Fun Fact: Eeyore's name is an onomatopoeic representation of the braying sound made by a normal donkey, usually represented as "hee haw". 


And now I leave you with a quote: 


 
"Thanks for noticin' me."


3 comments:

  1. Eeoyore is, according to my daughter, chronically depressed. Poor guy. Maybe he needs a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Eeyore is Emo! He's the only Pooh character I can remember ever owning in stuffed animal form, so I suppose that means he was my favorite too. ;)

    ReplyDelete